Committee: Drew White, Monica Guerrero Vazquez
Goal: To educate the community through lectures and follow-up physical activities to healthier habits and improve their health, through participatory sessions attending participants needs and restrictions.
1. To create a group of participation and interaction
- Medical Students participated in the first kick-off and start events to set goals and meet-and-great participants and volunteers.
- Medical students are organized in groups as leaders of community participants (families)
2. To generate an active calendar for follow-up and workouts
- Small groups have been created based in location and times preferences
- Volunteers have been assigned to each group
- Small groups will meet every two weeks, and a general meeting will take place once a month.
- Mid-meetings are open, depending on availability
- Monthly meetings will include lectures (hypertension, dibates, …) and workouts (also included in the bi-weekly meetings.
3. To track the progress of participant’s health
- Reminders are sent to participant every week
- We keep a list of attendees with dates of attendance and blood-preasure and weight