Volunteer and job opportunities to work with the Latino population in Baltimore.
Fun and learning-experience are guaranteed! Contact us to sign up.
- Check out our Full calendar http://www.jhcentrosol.org/events/ or visit our What We Do page for information about our programs. Fill out the Volunteer sign up form.
- Esperanza Center Clinical Rotations Johns Hopkins residents get their community experience at a clinical setting outside Hopkins facilities. They are supervised by a faculty who addresses any concerns related with patients’ issues. Ad-Hoc interpreters are needed for this program. If you are a student at any school at JHU and are bilingual Spanish-English, please contact us.
- Testimonios A support group to provide Latinos with a space to talk about their stress and daily life issues of integration at a new home. Child care volunteers are needed, Tuesdays 5-7pm. If you are a JHU student, faculty or staff please contact us. No Spanish necessary. Read more about Testimonios here.
- Embajadores de Salud (Health Ambassadors) A program to promote healthy life style based on talks and workouts. Volunteers in child care, workouts trainers, health talks speakers are needed, Saturdays mornings. As a speaker, there is a curriculum in place, all you will have to do is use the materials we will provide you for each session. Speakers work closely with a community participant to do a collaborative presentation. No Spanish necessary. Everybody is welcome to participate, if interested please contact us. Read more about Embajadores de Salud here.
- Presentations in the community: regular presentations about health topics of interest for the community. Comiendo Juntos (Eating Together) is a monthly (first thursday of each month) gathering for individuals older than 50 who want a space to talk and network. For information please visit the Assisi House website.
Centro SOL aims to promote equity in health and opportunity for Latinos. One of our components is to provide opportunities for local providers in an effort to empower Baltimore city business. We are looking for enthusiastic entrepreneurs, well-qualified translators interested in collaborating with us.
- Category: independent contractor
- Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview (telecommute)
- Language: Spanish (all dialects)
- Responsibilities and duties:
- Working with various materials consisting of: hand written, typed, audio, video language, hard copies, and electronic format copies
- Translation, transcriptions duties
- Responsible for quality control of translated work
- Must have at least one year of experience as a translator
- Must be certified (ATA or equivalent)
- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com